Tuesday, April 20, 2010
The cost is $55.00 plus shipping and can be ordered by clicking HERE.
More information is on the website at www.appraisaljournal.org
Please support this worthy cause as proceeds go to assist the educational initiatives of the Foundation for Appraisal Education. The Journal has contributions from ASA, ISA, AAA, ANA and independent appraisers and dealers. The list of authors and title of their article follows. There is no other publication available for the personal property appraiser which publishes articles with both depth and expertise as the Journal of Advanced Studies.
Andrew Richmond and Hollie Davis of Maine Antique Digest and the Young Collectors column are contributors, as is Judaica expert Elizabeth Berman, AAA, attorney Mark Gold looks at the deaccession debate, while fellow Appraiser Workshops partner Jane Brennom, ISA CAPP writes on appraisers versus authenticators. I write on price anomalies, touching on the Walking Man, and the Philadelphia Queen Anne compass seat stool amongst other items, Brian Kathenes, ISA CAPP introduces appraisers to coins and Soodie Beasley, ASA AM discusses several furniture designers of the 20th century, and Jerry Sampson, ASA writes about the appraisers library.
In total 18 articles and over 300 pages of personal property appraisal related articles.
Buy your copy today, click HERE to order.
Click HERE to order.• Logan Adams – Building Bigger and Better Business with the Moving Industry
• Soodie Beasley - Fantasy Furniture by Designers: Mark, Mont, Duquette and Springer
• Elizabeth Kessin Berman – A Time to Value and a Time to Creatively Value Appraising Church and Synagogue Collections
• Jane C. Brennom – Appraisers vs Authenticators
• Robert W. Cook - Lack of Objectivity Leaves Appraisers at Risk: Index Adjusted Good-Better-Best Appraisal Model Offers Partial Solutions
• Robert J. Corey – Lack of Objectivity Leaves Appraisers at Risk: Index Adjusted Good-Better-Best Appraisal Model Offers Partial Solutions
• Hollie Davis – For Love or Money: Antiques as Investments
• Mark S. Gold – The Deaccessioning Debate: What Appraises Need to Know
• Brian Hiatt – Comparison of Different software to Prepare Personal Property Appraisal Reports
• Brian Kathenes – Appraising Stamps and Coins: Tips, Tricks and Hints for Taking the Mystery out of Stamp and Coin Appraising
• Jill Kent – Folk Art for Appraisers
• Elin Lake-Ewald – Original Research and Innovative Appraisals
• Judy Nelson – Reading a Two Dimensional Atrwork; Suggestions for the Generalist Appraiser
• Andrew Richmond - Love or Money: Antiques as Investments
• Felicia N. Rossomando – The Application of Blockage Discounts For an Artist’s Estate: An Art Business Approach
• Jerry Sampson – Establishing the Appraisers Library
• Elizabeth Sebesky – The Art Market: How Lending Fuels Art Crime
• Paul Shutler – The Importance of Being Provenanced
• Todd W. Sigety – Price Anomalies
• Scott Zema – Personal Property Appraising and the Element of Time